- Home >
- Because we care
Because we care
We know that parents want the best for their babies. Research has shown that we can absorb up to 60% of what we put onto our skin into our bloodstream and we have been incredibly shocked and surprised to see the amount of chemicals and potentially harmful ingredients that are used in baby skin care products, especially those from trusted brands that we naively believed to be safe and pure. Thoroughly checking and reading the labels really opened our eyes and inspired us to produce a range of baby skin care products that would only have beneficial, natural properties.
Organic Monkey was established primarily to create beautiful products that were not only effective but organic, fair and made with the best quality ingredients and materials, free from harmful toxins and gentle enough to be used on the even the most sensitive of skins.
Organic Monkey promises you that...
- We will always do our best to source the purest, organic and Fairtrade, food grade ingredients for all of our products.
- We will always be open and honest about our products using the common name for all ingredients so mummies know what is in them.
- We will always care about the environment when choosing packaging, transport and postage.
- We will always care about and support the farmers and workers who supply us with our ingredients.
- We are dedicated to providing you with the very best levels of customer service.
- We are committed to supporting good causes and giving something back. We will provide a hassle free and secure way to shop and respect your privacy.
All of our products are...
- Paraben free
- Sulphate free
- Toxin free
- Petrochemical free
- Artificial fragrance free
- Cruelty free
We are committed to sourcing the purest, organic ingredients that we can find.
Organic products are different and offer a wide range of benefits:
- They are gentle enough for delicate and sensitive skin.
- The naturally occurring ingredients in the products are better used and received by your skin than synthetic substances.
- They are less drying to the skin.
- Made with better ingredients that have not been subjected to pesticides or artificial fertilisers.
- Better for the environment.
- Organic farming releases less greenhouse gases that non-organic farming, helping to create a better future for your little monkeys.
We have recognised the importance of certifying all of our products to assure all of our customers that we are serious about producing truly organic baby skincare. All of our products are certified by the Soil Association which means that they comply with strict rules set at UK, European and international levels. These rules assure our consumers that they are buying genuinely organic products that can be fully traceable back to the farm.
We use as many Fairtrade ingredients as are possible to source for our skin care range and all of our products have been certified by the Fairtrade Foundation. Fairtrade provides a better deal for producers in developing countries, creating opportunities for farmers and workers to improve their lives, their communities and protect their environment.
Take the raw shea butter we use in our nappy balm for example. This is produced in Ghana by the Akoma Co-operative Multipurpose Society who process nuts gathered from the karite tree grown in Bolgatanga Upper East Region Ghana. The Fairtrade premium received is helping members of the village of Pisi-Namogo, particularly the more vulnerable women, children and elderly, to rise out of poverty.
Social Responsibility - Charities
Organic Monkey is committed to supporting two key charities that we really care about and believe in; Sparks, the children's medical research charity and Monkey World, the rescue and rehabilitation of primates charity.
A charity very close to our hearts is Sparks whose sole remit is to fund research across the whole spectrum of paediatric medicine. Sparks pioneering work on infant body and brain cooling was instrumental in saving co-founder Heidi's eldest son, Forrest, when he was born suffering from birth asphyxia. Forrest was very sick when he was born and didn't breathe for over 30 minutes, the cooling treatment he received not only saved his life but prevented him from suffering from oxygen deprived conditions such as brain damage and cerebral palsy. By supporting this amazing charity we are able to give something back.
Monkey World works in conjunction with foreign governments from all over the world to stop the illegal smuggling of apes out of Africa and Asia. At the centre based in Dorset, monkeys that have suffered abuse and neglect are rehabilitated into natural living groups. We have adopted two monkeys so far, Paco and Kuki and aim to launch a limited edition range of skin care products in the near future to raise additional funds for this charity.
We are doing our best to ensure that all of our packaging can be recycled, from choosing recycled and recyclable PET and glass for our bottles to compostable labels for our jars printed using water based inks.