Top Ten uses for Bumfluff Nappy Balm
Our multi award winning ‘Bumfluff’ Organic Nappy Balm is a mums everyday essential but, as we have discovered, it has a wealth of other uses too.
From our own experiences and those of you that have fed back, we know that our nappy balm not only keeps babies bum in peachy condition but is a fantastic multi functional aid for the whole family.
The Star Ingredients
- Organic & Fairtrade Shea Butter - one of nature’s miracle ingredients, Shea is an excellent moisturiser, working deep in the skin helping to heal and nourish. Packed with vitamins A & E and with strong anti-inflammatory properties, Shea keeps skin healthy and leaves it feeling soft and smooth.
- Organic Beeswax - creates a natural protective barrier for the skin, repelling water from the skin to keep baby’s bottom soft and dry. Also contains soothing and softening properties
- Vitamin E -this enriching oil energises and enhances the skin's natural regenerative processes. Suitable for all skin types it is incredibly nourishing and nutritive
- Organic Lavender Essential Oil - lavender has antibacterial and healing properties, making it perfect for sensitive skin. It’s also well known for helping alleviate the symptoms of eczema and psoriasis
- Organic Roman Chamomile Essential Oil - the gentlest form of chamomile, used for centuries to encourage relaxation and serenity as well as possessing pain relieving properties, perfect for calming the most stressful of little monkeys
We have compiled a list of the TOP 10 uses for our nappy balm:
1. As an Effective Nappy Balm
Developed to naturally nourish and protect against conditions that may lead to nappy rash, a clever blend of organic ingredients create this rich, protective barrier for baby’s bottom. This highly effective balm contains Fairtrade Shea Butter, Beeswax and organic Lavender and Roman Chamomile essential oils which work to nourish, protect and restore irritated areas whilst increasing the skins natural moisture retention capacity. Also available unscented.
2. To Reduce Dribble Rash
Most babies dribble at some point in their first few years and dribbling normally increases during teething when more saliva is produced. Nappy balm can be used to provide a barrier between your baby’s chin and their dribble, which reduces the irritation causing the rash whilst also helping to moisturise and nourish the skin.
3. To Nourish Dry Skin and Eczema Patches
With its gentle, organic blend of oils and Vitamin E content, nappy balm is great for nourishing dry skin and eczema without causing irritation. The organic lavender essential oil also aids healing and it is great for sensitive skin.
4. A Moisturising Lip Balm
With its shea butter and beeswax content, nappy balm makes an effective lip balm, leaving lips super soft and moisturised.
5. To Soothe Sore Noses
Nappy balm is great for soothing rough, dry, sore skin around noses caused from wiping and blowing. Dabbing a small bit onto the affected area will help to relieve and moisturise.
6. To Combat Winter Buggy Hands
We have all experienced cold, chapped hands from pushing our prams and buggies in winter. Gloves are impossible and impractical with little ones so try rubbing some nappy balm into the backs of your hands to protect them from the elements and keep them soft and moisturised
7. To Soothe Grazes
Use nappy balm to help soothe small grazes. With it’s natural blend of organic oils and vitamin E content, it will soothe and nourish damaged skin.
8. To Moisturize Knees & Elbows
Knees and elbows can have the roughest and driest skin on the entire human body. Soften the whole families with an intensely moisturising treatment of nappy balm.
9. A Nourishing Eye Cream
For tired, dehydrated skin around the eyes, dab on a bit of nappy balm. It soothes the area as well as moisturizes.
10. To Lubricate Zips
And a bit more random to finish…..the next time one of your kids zips gets stuck, try rubbing some nappy balm on it and the natural oils will help lubricate it to run more smoothly.
‘Bumfluff’ Organic Nappy Balm costs £10.50 for 50ml. Available at www.organicmonkey.co.uk and leading independent baby stores nationwide or call 01273 903975 for customer care.